Business travellers often have help booking trips. But until now, there hasn’t been a great way for assistants or travel agents to book Airbnb listings for travellers. It’s important that you always know who is booking and who is planning to stay in your space, so we’ve introduced a new way for you to receive bookings. Now employees from participating companies like Google and Amazon can become approved Bookers who book trips on behalf of their co-workers.
We’ve designed this experience to be simple and seamless for you as a host. Here are important things to know about reservations made by Bookers:
- You’ll know who is staying in your space and who helped them book their stay. Both guests and Bookers must have Airbnb accounts, and you’ll be able to see their profiles. Here’s what you’ll see when a Booker sends a request on behalf of a colleague:
- You’ll be able to communicate with the guest and the Booker. In message threads, each person will be identified as either host, guest, or Booker. Everyone will be able to see the trip details, make changes to the reservation, and share messages.
- You’re covered by the Host Guarantee and Host Protection Insurance. Reservations made by an approved Booker for someone else are treated just like any other stay. As always, it’s important to manage the entire reservation process on Airbnb so you get the benefits of the Host Guarantee and Host Protection Insurance.
- Guests must meet your ID requirements. Even if you don’t require Verified ID, guests who’ve had help booking their trip must provide profile verifications like any other Airbnb guest. We’re committed to making sure every traveller on our platform has a legitimate profile, and that you’re always equipped with the information you need to host with confidence.
- All Guests must follow your house rules. The Booker will agree to your house rules on behalf of the guest before confirming the reservation. The guest will receive your rules in their confirmation email and is responsible for following them.
When you host a business traveller, you make it easier for them to feel at home, even when they’re travelling for work. And since business trips often happen mid-week and year round, they can be a great compliment to your weekend or holiday bookings. And a little hint: Listings with the Business Travel Ready badge tend to get 10% more bookings from business travellers.