Today, we activated our disaster response tool in south west France following severe flooding in the region. If you are a host who can help or if you are in the area and need a place to stay, please visit our Emergency Response Page.
Last year, we launched a disaster response tool that makes it easy for Airbnb hosts to provide space for people in need when disasters strike. The tool:
- Allows local residents with extra space to host those in need
- Allows existing hosts to donate their rooms for free to those in need
- Makes all Airbnb bookings in areas affected by a natural disaster fee-free
- Emails hosts in the affected area, asking them if they are able to help
- Connects guests to hosts that have space to offer in the affected area via a dynamic landing page
- Provides Airbnb’s 24/7 customer support, Trust & Safety tools, Host Guarantee and other services regularly available to Airbnb hosts
- Provides general disaster response information to guests and hosts
Since then, we’ve launched the tool in Hawaii for people affected by the Kilauea volcano, in Kaohsiung, Taiwan following a series of gas explosions, in San Diego in response to major fires, in Liguria, the Balkans, London, Sardinia, and Colorado after serious flooding in these regions, in Kefalonia after an earthquake hit the island, in Toronto and Atlanta following severe ice storms, and in the Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan.