As the world reopens and experiences resume after COVID-19 quarantines, it’s important for us all to act responsibly to protect one another’s health and safety. With that in mind, we’ve put together the following recommendations for hosts and guests based on guidance from the World Health Organization and the US Centers for Disease Control.
While we hope these guidelines are helpful, you should also continue to monitor and follow all local and national recommendations and restrictions.
If you are feeling ill, it’s extremely important that you cancel your experience and stay home. If you have or think you have symptoms, wait 72 hours after symptoms disappear before hosting an experience. If you’ve been in contact with someone who is infected, wait 14 days before hosting an experience.
- Wear a mask while hosting and traveling to and from your experience.
- Wash your hands before, during and after your experience and bring hand sanitizer.
- Avoid direct contact with guests and encourage guests to avoid it as well. In lieu of handshakes or hugging, consider alternative no-contact greetings.
If you’re hosting at home or in a space you manage, here are some cleaning guidelines to help you prepare your space. Be sure to leave enough time between experiences to clean your space, any materials used, your clothing, etc.
And always make it a habit to check local advisories and public health recommendations both when you receive bookings and before you host to ensure that you’re compliant.
How to adapt your experience
Before you start hosting again, consider how you might need to adapt both your experience and your listing. Here are some things to consider:
- Physical contact: Change your experience to avoid physical contact among guests and between hosts and guests.
- Location: Change your meeting location and the venues you visit in order to avoid crowds. Think about transit options and how to avoid peak times or traveling in close contact with your guests.
- Hygiene: Provide opportunities for guests to wash their hands during the experience.
- Group size: We’re currently limiting all experiences to 10 guests, but you should make additional group size adjustments based on your experience to allow for sufficient social distancing. Do not crosslist your experience on other platforms to exceed 10 guests.
How to update your experience page
Update your listing to let guests know what steps you’re taking to reduce the spread of the infection on your experience. That might be a mention that you’ll be wearing a mask, that you’ll be offering a handwashing stop, etc. However, be careful about the words that you choose. You can say that you’re taking extra precautions, but you cannot claim that your experience is “COVID-free.” Read our Content Policy and the Coronavirus article for more details.
It might also be helpful to adjust your listing to encourage guests to book private experiences if you’re willing to host them.
What we’re asking of guests
We’re also providing guidelines for guests taking experiences. We’ll be suggesting that all guests cancel and stay home if they’re ill, wash their hands, bring hand sanitizer, wear a mask, and keep a safe physical distance from both you and other guests. Read our guest guidelines.