If you weren’t able to make it to the Airbnb Open in San Francisco this year, we missed you! But luckily, you won’t have to miss the inspirational and informative programming that took place over the weekend. We have it right here in video form. Over the course of three days at Open, our hosts had the chance to learn from company leaders, industry experts, and (most importantly) from other hosts.
Here’s the best of what we saw:
1. Founder and CEO Brian Chesky speaking on the struggles of scaling a startup, of bridging the gap between company and community, and how together, we can create a world where people can belong anywhere.
2. A lively panel discussion on the trends, impacts, and opportunities of the sharing economy. Moderated by Airbnb co-founder Joe Gebbia, the panel features John Zimmer (Lyft founder), Dr. Susan Shaheen (UC Berkeley Transportation Sustainability Research Center Co-director), and Jeremiah Owyang (Crowd Companies founder).
3. Introduced by the incredible story of Superhost Nalin, Hospitality Guru Chip Conley kicks off Airbnb Open 2014 discussing just what hosting means to a global community.
4. Five Superhosts shared with us why they started hosting, what their favorite memories are, and what hospitality means to them.
5. Fred Reid, host and former CEO of Virgin America, shares how travel changed his world view and how he became an Airbnb Superhost.