A hospitable host is welcoming and thoughtful, creating moments of connection with their guests, and making them feel special along the way.
When submitting your experience, highlight the ways you will consider the little details and ensure that guests feel safe, engaged and connected throughout the experience. This can range from bringing along water and snacks to offering a WiFi hotspot so your guests can share posts online throughout the experience.
Here are some questions to contemplate as you craft your experience idea:
- How might you consider your guests’ needs like dietary considerations, accessibility, or even potential safety concerns?
- How might you support them as they try new things or meet new people?
- What might you do if there are unforeseen situations, like a change in weather?
- What might your guests feel or think differently at the end of this experience?
- How do you take into account the comfort levels of a wide spectrum of guests from many different cultures?
Experiences in the Airbnb marketplace must meet Airbnb’s bar for quality; these standards set experiences apart from typical tours. To be published, an experience submission must demonstrate expertise, access, and hospitality. These standards help ensure that the market has high-quality experiences led by knowledgeable, hospitable hosts. You can read more about Airbnb’s quality standards here.